FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rotary Golf Instruction and Lessons

Stuart Appleby video clips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Clubcaster View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubcaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuart Appleby video clips
    Posted: 12 January 2006 at 12:20am
A lot of us have expressed our admiration of Stuart Appleby's swing, so One Planer has been kind enough to provide the following video clips for our viewing pleasure.  Enjoy.

Driver Down-the-line:

Pitching Wedge Down-the-line:

Those that want to save these clips to their hard drive can do so by right clicking on the links above the videos, and selecting "Save Link as...".

If having embedded videos in a post like this makes it difficult for those that do not have high speed internet access to open up the thread, or if it causes anyone grief in any way, please let me know.

Thanks,
ClubCaster
http://ClubCaster.home.comcast.net

Edit: Video clip links updated

Edited by Clubcaster

nuke99 View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuke99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 4:07am
Lol great stuff man.

And you got a great swing yourself
novelt View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:01am

Is that his face-on swing in your Avatar.

Thanks for the vid.  The only thing I am curious about in Stuart's swing is the lack of connection with his left arm so soon after impact.  In my mind that could lead to some timing issues.  Or maybe not...perhaps he just generates so much arm and club speed with his body so open at impact that this is just the natural movement of his left arm.

Novelty - Something new and unusual; an innovation.
jpresti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpresti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 3:55pm
Do you happen to have a face on view of his swing? 
Clubcaster View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubcaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by jpresti jpresti wrote:

Do you happen to have a face on view of his swing? 

No, sorry.  These clips were sent to me by One Planer to post to the forum.  If anyone does have a face-on view of his swing please let us know.  I think Chuck said in the Member's Forum that he's going to be posting videos of Appleby in the Member's Vault soon.

Thanks,
ClubCaster
http://ClubCaster.home.comcast.net

mikec View Drop Down
Par
Par

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 6:57pm
Check out Golfonline.com for face on view.

Anybody notice how he "springs" the driver shaft at the top of the BS? 

Chuck or One Planer, is this from simply leaving the hands behind, or is he torquing the shaft by a perfectly timed hip turn that starts the DS? Or what?

I just looked at the video again. It looks like it is the replanting of the left heel that springs the shaft: definitely swinging  'from the ground up'.

Thanks for video Caster/One Planer.

Edited by mikec
One Planer View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Planer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by mikec mikec wrote:

Check out Golfonline.com for face on view.

Anybody notice how he "springs" the driver shaft at the top of the BS? 

Chuck or One Planer, is this from simply leaving the hands behind, or is he torquing the shaft by a perfectly timed hip turn that starts the DS? Or what?

I just looked at the video again. It looks like it is the replanting of the left heel that springs the shaft: definitely swinging  'from the ground up'.

Thanks for video Caster/One Planer.

I think it's simply the speed of his core rotation that loads the shaft.  He can turn his body almost as fast as Tiger Woods, and you don't see him going wildly off line like Tiger sometimes does, which indicates that he doesn't get stuck nearly as often.  I think he's got the best swing in golf right now.  I don't know if he thinks of his swing as being one plane, but it sure looks one plane to me.

flyfishin View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:00pm
Here's a direct link:

Appleby Front Swing View

People have been wondering about where his power comes from. He has a nice coil but he also makes one heck of a slide back on the backswing and then back forward on the downswing. Takes tremendous timing to repeat that motion and not over cook it in either direction.

Edited by flyfishin
dougw View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:37am

I think the guy is immediately rolling his left wrist on the BS as Hardy desires.  do any of you see that move?  (I don't know if that is pronating or supinating or what but anyway it seems he is "bowing" it)

doug

armuge View Drop Down
Par
Par

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armuge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 1:12am
What a beatiful swing!!! It looks very compact and powerful. What a betiful tempo as well. Should I try to copy it? I guess I better not except tempo. Until now, I've been working on chest/shoulder driven OP swing whereas Stuart swing looks like "hip" driven OP swing. Although they are both OP swings, it felt completely different to me. It felt more powerful with hips but I found I'm a little more consistent with my chest. Also I found latter seems to easier to keep my spine angle as well. I think it's time for me to stick with one style and make sure they are repeatible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic