Rotary Golf Instruction and Lessons

New February Content - Mushin Golf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Chuck Quinton View Drop Down
Rotary Swing Instructor
Rotary Swing Instructor

RotarySwing.com Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Quinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New February Content - Mushin Golf
    Posted: 08 February 2006 at 1:22pm
I have completed the first article - Mushin Golf - An Introduction - that will act as the kickoff to a lifelong pursuit of golfing at your potential. I consider this to be THE most important aspect of golf that I teach. This is a condensed version of what I teach all my professional players and those who are seeking to improve their mental game. I don't go into all the nuts and bolts just yet, but share only what is critical to begin. You can find the article under the Mental Golf Game section. If you are wanting to know how to play your best golf ever, this is the first fundamental that must be mastered.

marcus923 View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcus923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 2:13pm

Chuck,

Great introduction. Just reading the article and taking a few deep breaths was relaxing.

The best round I had ever played was a few years ago with a good friend who I was very relaxed around (even though he was much better than me). I remember not thinking about much until the end when we were standing on the last tee and he said I was beating him by 1. I started to think, hit a bad tee shot and we ended up tied. As you say, I know it's in me.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Mark

Chuck Quinton View Drop Down
Rotary Swing Instructor
Rotary Swing Instructor

RotarySwing.com Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Quinton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 7:51pm

mark,

The next article is about taking it to the course, but it's so important that you put in the time now, away from the course and with no distractions. Those who do what is asked in the article will be consistently playing their best golf this year.

bartmp37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartmp37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 10:22pm
I can't wait until the next article.  Thanks chuck. 
Bob34 View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:10pm

Way back when, I mentioned using breathing to help me declutter my mind but I didn't know the technique Chuck describes plus I was breathing wrong, in through the nose and out through the mouth. I'm gonna really work on this at both ranges until I truely get it.  I love hitting balls at the range but I'm not going to think about any mechanics what-so-ever. Just flow mixed in with some games and competitions with my buds to keep things interesting as well as to keep myself from wandering back to thinking about technique. I know my technique is good enough to play good golf, maybe not pro calibre but I have no plans of going pro anytime soon anyway  Thanks again Chuck for all of your effort and enthusiasm! FWIW, it's making a difference in my life.

Best Regards,

Bob

randini View Drop Down
Sitting in Timeout
Sitting in Timeout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:20pm
 great post Bob..........I'm with ya on this one.....good luck and good playin to us..................
Bob34 View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:29pm

Thanks randini! Mushin golf all around, it's on Chuck

01ragtop View Drop Down
Eagle Member
Eagle Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01ragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:57pm
Chuck,

I love how you continue to challenge yourself.  Last year, thanks to this site, I played my best golf ever.  This year you are promising even more improvement.  I don't have the time or money to hit the range  or play as much as I like, but what you are taking about is something I can afford.  I am looking foward to  working on the cheapest and most important part of golf, and life!

BTW, do you have any help for the small minority of us (maybe just me) who get angry while playing golf?  I know Mushin golf should help, but you might want to consider me "challenged".  For some reason I get so mad at myself that I "lose" control.  I put that in quotations because I know I have control.  This is the only time my ego actually helps me.  By that I mean that my favorite playing partners are ones I do not know, preferably older ladies.  My ego does not allow me to get mad for fear of making a fool of myself, or acting ungentleman like in front of the ladies. (yes, I have tried playing a round while imagining my mother is there, it didn't work because I knew she wasn't really there) I still shoot bad scores, but I am forced to deal with my anger in a private way, or just simply not get angry.  When I play with people that know me, my ego does not care what they will think of me so I curse, and bang clubs like a some kind of mad-man.  Even Tigert would tell me to get a grip!  I am ashamed to admit this, but I really need to get help with this, or I will never get to my best golf. 

Glad this is fairly anonymous
Golf is 90% mental, and 20% physical!
tcb6491 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcb6491 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 6:12am
Chuck great article! If anyone has done yoga they will be quite familiar with the diaphram breathing. It will be interesting how you recommend taking it to the course. Thanks Chuck
gator View Drop Down
Members Vault Member
Members Vault Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:54am
Chuck-Well done. I was a little skeptical before reading the article but as I was going through it, I realized the best, but most importantly the most enjoyable, golf I have ever played has been in late afternoons by myself on the course. This is true even going back to my younger days. This was so because my mind was clear and not cluttered, no pressure....it was just me and the course. As you say, each shot was in the moment. Your article gives me some insight as to why that was so even if Breath Watching was just something I did on a foggy California morning.  I look forward to working on the technique as you write about it and bring this late afternoon enjoyment into all my golf experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic